It has been long time coming but here it is: The 11th edition of the NServiceBus Weekly. Since the last edition the NServiceBus project has changed quite dramatically: It’s now hosted on a different source control service.
- NServiceBus’ source code has moved to GitHub! This is a change I personally like very much, excellent news!
- Project Changes – As usual, the NServiceBus team has brought us a great deal of new commits. For example, there has been changes to the extensibility of configuration sources. Click the link to find out more information.
Tutorials and Articles
- Getting Started with NServiceBus Part 9: Horizontal Scaling with the Distributor – Adam Fyles continues his great series of NServiceBus related tutorials. This time he takes a closer look to the NServiceBus distributor.
- Getting Colors in the log4net output from NServiceBus – Kristian Kristensen has posted a detailed tutorial on how to get colored output from log4net when using NServiceBus.
- NServiceBus: w3wp.exe Processes Crashing- If you’re having problems using NServiceBus in a web application this post by Jonathan Oliver may help you.
- NServiceBus: Message level encryption – Interested in encrypting the NServiceBus messages and don’t want to use the WireEncryptedString? Read on to find out the alternatives.
- NServiceBus: GridInterceptingMessageHandler – Ever wondered what is “GridInterceptingMessageHandler”? Adam Fyles offers you the answer.
- NServiceBus appropriate for load distribution of periodic tasks – Udi answers to jlew’s question about using NServiceBus as a scheduled background worker.
- NServiceBus-Contrib Json serializer – It seems that Json serializer has been added to the contrib project of NServiceBus. I haven’t personally tried the new serializer but if you have, please let me know how it works.
Thanks for reading and please let me know if I missed something. This time we had more timeline to cover so it’s more possible than before that some interesting articles or news has slipped under the radar.