Here’s the first NServiceBus Weekly of the 2011, containing links to interesting tutorials and community material from the last couple of months. Hope you enjoy.
- NServiceBus 2.5 is now available.- Also, read the original announcement.
- NServiceBus and BizSpark – Excellent news from the Udi for those who are in the Microsoft’s BizSpark program. In his own words: “if you're company is in BizSpark, in addition to all the software
you're getting for free from Microsoft, I'm happy to offer you a free
NServiceBus Foundation license or $1500 off a Standard license. That includes support.”
Tutorials and Articles
- Debugging into NServiceBus so you can solve your own questions- Good introduction by David Craft on how to create and use the PDB-files from the NServiceBus source code. These help you to debug the inner details of NServiceBus.
- VDUNY Slidedeck: Introduction to NServiceBus – Adam Fyles, one of the most active NServiceBus persons on the net, gave an “Introduction to NServiceBus” presentation at the Visual Developers of Upstate New York. The slides used in the presentation are available from the SlideShare.
- NServiceBus 3.0: Fault management – It seems that the future version of NServiceBus will bring us many new tools for handling the situations where a message faults. Read on to find the details from Adam’s blog.
- Building an NServiceBus Timeout Manager using Quartz- Good write-up by Stuart Cullinan on how he completely redesigned the NServiceBus’ timeout manager. His code has also been added to NServiceBus Contrib.
- NServiceBus Contrib – NServiceBus Contrib has already come a long way in couple months. The contrib includes a Json serializer and RavenDB based saga persister, just to name a few.
- NServiceBus, NHibernate, and GuidComb – Interesting architectural question from the StackOverfow, with couple good answers.
- NServiceBus Publish() vs. Send() in website context – This question gets asked quite often and now the question was posted on the StackOverflow. Read on to find David Boike’s exhaustive take on the subject.
- Nservice bus - replying to message after publish – Adam has some problems when trying to Return back to the client but he got his question answered and the problem was sorted out.
- How to renew subscriptions after IISRESET?- Fixing ASP.NET applications with iisreset seems to be somewhat of an industry standard. But what should be taken on consideration if your web app relies on NServiceBus? Read on to find out more.
Have a nice new year!