New tutorials, community projects and NServiceBus patches. Not a bad week.
- Ask your questions on DDD, CQRS, Event Sourcing, NServiceBus - Q&A Session – Udi Dahan is giving a free event on DDD, CQRS, Event Sourcing, and NServiceBus. Event is scheduled to 14th of September and it’s located in London.
- Project Changes – Current revision: 1336. In the past week bugs related to testing were fixed, new 2.5 trunk was created and an encryption specific sample was added (plus some other changes). The trunk-version of NServiceBus (3.0) will be updated with a newer version of TopShelf (which is the nice project behind the generic host).
Tutorials and Articles
- Event based interop with Service Broker – Great post by Andreas Öhlund on how to get NServiceBus and SQL Server Service Broker to work together.
- Getting Started with NServiceBus Part 4: Handling Messages – Adam Fyles continues his great series where NServiceBus is used to improve the Music Store web app. This time Adam shows how one can implement a good UI by displaying changes on the client before the NServiceBus has processed the relevant messages.
- NServiceBus for Admins – Sorry, this link is older than a week but it’s a definite must read for everyone. This slide deck presents the overall architecture of NServiceBus very thoroughly.
- nservicebuswmq – “NServiceBus adapter for IBM WebSphere MQ”. Name says it all. This open source project “allows using IBM WebSphere MQ as the queue for NServiceBus 1.9”. NServicebusWMQ has been created by Tim Sieberg and Neil Adams, with contributions by Adam Tybor.
- NServiceBus Distributor Sample Application – Small NServiceBus Distributor sample application. Doesn’t require any configuration, just download the source and run (Visual Studio 2010 only).
- How can I temporary stop message processing - Oleg presents a question about how to stop message processing for a while when a handler encounter an error.
- NServiceBus MVVM - Sacha Barber's article on CodeProject has started a rather vivid discussion on NServiceBus and the MVVM GUI Pattern.
- Have distributor send certain types of messages to one server… - Discussion on how to implement priority with NServiceBus.
- Command validation errors in pub/sub - Discussion about how to deal with validation errors and if the services should send or publish messages.
- With NserviceBus, what is the proper way to delay a message… - This discussion