Hi again and welcome to the third edition of NServiceBus Weekly. Hope you all had a good week.
- Project Changes - Current revision: 1349. Developer team is keeping it going, adding a total of 13 new revisions into the NServiceBus repository. Highlights are the simplified Full Duplex sample in the 2.5 branch and bug fixes related to the testing library. Check out the repository history to get all the details.
Tutorials and Articles
- Extending NServiceBus - Moukarram Kabbash takes an interesting look on the subject of extending NServiceBus. In the process he creates a solution which allows to compress the delivered messages in order to save bandwidth. Though he also points out that NServiceBus is missing a one crucial interface: IMapIncomingTransportMessages.
- NServiceBus Distributor: Replying to client from the worker - Small tutorial which shows how the workers are able to deliver the replies back to the client when NServiceBus distributor is in use.
- Fix It! NServiceBus Host Crashes with TNS-less Oracle Connections - Short and to the point post by Adam Files on how to fix the crashing NServiceBus Host when using Oracle with TNS-less connections.
- NQueueStuffer - NQueueStuffer is an open source application created by Jan Ove Skogheim Olsen. Using his own words: "NQueueStuffer is a Windows Forms tool for generating and stuffing NServicebus messages on a queue. It lets the user choose an assembly and a messagetype that implements NServicebus.IMessage and generates a template message based on the messagetype. The user can then edit and stuff this message directly to a MSMQ queue." Excellent work!
- Message Priority - Interesting discussion about NServiceBus and message priority.
- When to use multiple handlers - Architectural question by jontycurtis about when to use more than one handler to process a message.
- Injecting a Bus via Spring - If you have problems using NServiceBus with Spring, this discussion may help you.
- Disconnect cannot be called while a transaction is in progress - In this discussion the answer give an interesting insight on the inner stuff of NServiceBus.
- New Message Header Handling - After jschick333 presented the problem with the latest version of NServiceBus, Udi reponds and describes how the message header handling has been changed in the latest revisions.
- Pros/Cons of using BizTalk instead of NServiceBus or MassTransit - Good StackOverflow question by skb with interesting answers. If you find this interesting, please remembers to checkout the "NServiceBus and BizTalk" article from the NServiceBus homepage.
- NServiceBus: Can it work with NO XML configuration? - Another question by skb. This time the answer is "Yes", as Darren Kopp points out.
- Using NServiceBus with Asp.Net MVC 2 - Peter Mueller likes to know how an ASP.NET MVC 2 controller can wait for the NServiceBus to reply. Read on to find out the correct solution and also to get insight on why this isn't a good approach.
This wraps up the NServiceBus Weekly #3. Let me know if I missed something and keep up writing those interesting NServiceBus related topics. See you again next week.