NServiceBus Weekly: #4
Our latest NServiceBus Weekly may seem short but I think that the tutorials and articles will keep you busy for the next week. Included are excellent posts by Jonathan Oliver and Adam Fyles and also a hour and a half long video podcast by Udi Dahan.
Tutorials and Articles
- NServiceBus: Distributing Event Schema / Contract- Jonathan Oliver points out a real problem which many NServiceBus users and developers will probably encounter at some point: What to do if your server needs a different version of NServiceBus than your client but your messages are tied to particular version of NServiceBus assembly. Read on for a possible solution and interesting discussion on the topic.
- Getting Started with NServiceBus Part 5: Basic Pub/Sub- Adam Fyles continues his excellent article series on using NServiceBus. This time the Music Store app is modified to support pub / sub.
- Q&A on DDD, CQRS, Event Sourcing, NServiceBus – Podcast from the Q&A session, recorded 14th of September.
- Win Service getting permission denied to Message Queuing- For those users struggling with the NServiceBus in Windows 7 environment. Bob The Janitor found a solution to his own problem by modifying the permissions.
- NServiceBus and .Net 1.1 – Vijay would like to use NServiceBus with .NET Framework 1.1. Unfortunately that’s not supported. Ducttapeman points out a really good reason for upgrading your 1.1 applications to a newer framework: Microsoft is not supporting the 1.1 version anymore.
That’s it for today.